“The Mighty Kali”
Named after “Kali” the goddess of destruction, the Kaligandaki is said to be one of Nepal’s most holy rivers. Originating high on the Tibetan Plateau the “Mighty Kali” plunges down through the Himalayas, carving out one of the deepest gorges in the world between Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna Mountains.
With exciting white water rapids, spectacular mountain views, traditional villages, endless suspension bridges, waterfalls, pristine jungle rich in wildlife, deep gorges, cultural temples and beautiful white sandy beaches for camp, we consider this to be the best all round river adventure in Nepal.
If you’d like to experience a huge variety of Nepal’s most impressive scenery on an exciting whitewater rafting and camping adventure, then Mighty Kali is the perfect adventure for you!
What to Bring
- Shorts / ½ pants
- Sport sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet and will stay on your feet
- Polypropylene / quick dry long shirts
- Track pants / comfortable long pants
- Warm fleece
- Jacket (waterproof shell)
- Travel towel
- Shoes (not essential – do not bring big trekking boots)
- Pyjamas (something comfortable to sleep in)
- Warm hat (in cold months)
- Travel towel
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen / sunscreen lip protection
- Mosquito repellant
- Water bottle
- Head lamp / flash light
- Personal first aid kit
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have one – we will provide a complimentary rental)
- A little cash for treats, tips and the occasional chance for photographs
- The “best all-round river in Nepal”
- Mountains, villages, temples, jungle, wildlife, suspension bridges, temples, gorges and more!
- Super fun, big and bouncy rapids with exciting wave trains
- Beautiful remote beach camping.