Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho lake is a beautiful combination of trekking in the Annapurna region. The Tilicho Lake is located at 5200m from the sea level, which is claimed to be the lake located at the highest altitude in the world. The circuit trek around the Annapurna with Tilicho Lake is one of the most popular treks in Nepal with dramatic deep gorges, desolate high mountain passes, relaxing hot spring, Buddhist and Hindu temples, delightful farming villages and at every turn a different view of the Annapurna summits.
This is a rewarding trek where you will be able to view panoramic sceneries of Himalayas, including of the Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m) Mt. Manaslu (8163 m), Mt. Annapurna II (7937 m.) , Mt. Annapurna III (7555m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7525m), Mt. Annapurna south (7219m), Mt. Nilgiri (7041m), Mt. Fishtail also called Mt. Machhapuchhare (6998m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6441m), Mt. Lamjung Himal (6986m),Tukuche peak (6920m), Tilicho peak (7134m).
We get an opportunity to learn about the Tibetan way of life that strongly runs in Mustang valleys. The circuit takes you through a number of climatic zones you will pass rice paddy fields, sub-tropical forests, rural farmland and glacial zones. There is a small chance of seeing a snow leopard in Yak Kharka along with blue sheep We witness the beauty of the blue icy lake of Tilicho. Formed by the glacier melting from Annapurna the lake Tilicho reflects the surrounding mountains which are a truly unique and beautiful sight to see. We will also make a stop at Tatopani where, after days of trekking we can relax in their famous hot springs.
Tilicho lake trekking starts after an 8-hour drive from Kathmandu to Syange and follows the trail to Chame, Pisang and Manang. An acclimatisation day is taken here to prepare for crossing the Thorung La pass, we continue on 3 days hiking to Tilicho lake.,We stay overnight at Siri Kharka a town near Manang, we continue the trail and head to Yak Kharka. The next day we hike up to Thorong Phedi.
And from Thorong Phedi to Thorong La Pass 5416 m. After passing the Thorong La pass we head down to Muktinath, which is the sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists From Muktinath we drive to Tatopani and spend the night. Next day we head up to Ghorepani, Poon Hill to Tadapani, Nayapul then we drive to Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu.
- Crossing the world’s widest pass – the Thorong La Pass at 5,416 metre
- Highest lake in the world , Tilicho Lake (4,910m)
- See blue sheeps at Yak Kharka
- Spectacular views of Mt. Annapurna, Thorung Peak, Nilgiri, Chulu west and Chulu east, Tukuche Peak, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV
- Relax at hot springs in Tatopani
- Magnificent lakes, glaciers, gorges, and waterfalls
- Visit Muktinath ,a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists
- Visit the beautiful Manang district and embrace the beauty of the place
- Visit Barge Monastery, the largest monastery in Manang district